Friday 10 February 2012

Doodles---UKS Art Journal

Its been a few days since I blogged.  I was in Limerick visiting my 92 year old mother who is in hospital with a stroke.  She is doing ok, but we the family have to make arrangements for her future care.  This can be a distressful time for all, but with God's help we will get through it.
Over in UKScrappers Art Journal forum the 5th prompt is Doodles....
Now I have never doodled in my life, so I was not looking forward to this at all!  I googled you tube and found some inspiration there, so here is my attempt.

This was a background I did at a class in London using left over paints etc. from the cover of this art journal.  I used a black Sharpie  fine point marker around the edges and I also used a Letraset pen for the small doodles.  Not happy with it, should have used the background for something else!

So i decided to try my hand at Zentangles.  This was easier as I had a blank page.
Used the same pens, and drew a circle first , then drew in the other lines and went on from there.  sorry about the pictures, the light was very poor.
I wrote (doodled) the words doodles and zentangles
on the page also.


It was my grandson Caelum's first birthday yesterday and I made this card for him.
Middle step card
Paper: DCWV-Nanas Nursery-Baby boy
Border--Spellbinders Edgeabilities:-clasic petal
Back label:---spellbinders--Label 10
Stamp:--Do Crafts
alphabet:;Die cut--
Tim Holtz---upon a time
Candle: die cut--cuttlebug---birthday wishes
Banner & squirrel---die cut on Cr Robo--silhouette studio files
star punch, glitter card,
Ink:--Purple stazon, Distress dusty Concord.

Thanks for looking.


2 comments:

  1. I think your doodles are great!maybe the first page needs a brighter colour added somewhere to make it pop,I don't know,I like the way you've doodled round the paint.Why didn't I think of that! Love the zentangles!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Both pages look good.
    I think doodling is a lot harder than it looks!
    So much lovely detail in your Zentangle page.

    ReplyDelete