Tuesday 21 February 2012

Just back from a very relaxing weekend with dh in Castlemarter Co Cork.  This weekend was a gift from our dd Deirdre  Christmas 2010, and we were only able to go now, so it was a lovely break.

I was behind on my 6th page in the UKScrappers Art Journal, so I spent yesterday catching up.  the prompt was-- Layers.  I was looking forward to this as I love my paints & stamps etc.
 Background:  I used old dressmakers pattern paper and stamped randomly on it with purple stazon ink.  
         Stamps: Personal Impressions & Stampington & Co -- Botanica & Arched Glass,

Then I stuck this on the page with Golden Gel Medium, and I painted over this with
Blonde Moments lustre paints-Spring yellow, & Adirondac Dabber- Juniper.
Then I used the following stamps with purple stazon, & archival coffee.
Stamps:  Girl--Paperbagstudio,   Boy-Joanna Sheen,   Mesh-Scrollswork
Grid stencil used Lettuce Dabber.

I went over the girl lightly with gesso and the whole page with Blonde Moments Lustre paint-Spring Choral using a baby wipe to tone down the images. 

circles Stamp--hero Arts using sepia ink.
Clip Art--Mariesfreebies.blogspot.com, stuck with gel medium.  Quote (Woody Harrelson) printed from computer, & inked with dusty concord distress ink.  Clip art outlined with Dimensional paint -victorian, and white gesso to soften the outline.

The border is a stencil using dimensional paint -Victorian and this has a glossy appearance and is dimensional.  Title- Layers- printed from the computer , font appleboy BTN.
Thanks for looking.  KayH

No comments:

Post a Comment